HOERBIGER Antriebstechnik Holding GmbH, headquartered in Schongau, Germany, established a joint venture with Chengdu HAONENG Technology Co., Ltd. in Shanghai on January 15, 2016.
Operating under the name HAONENG HOERBIGER DriveTech (Shanghai) Co., Ltd (HHDTS), the joint venture features the development, sale, and trading of synchronizer components and systems for automobile transmissions in China.
The joint venture entity, headquartered in Shanghai, will commence operations on March 1, 2016. Additional locations of the entity will include HOERBIGER’s plant in Changzhou, Jiangsu province and HAONENG’s bases in Chengdu, Chongqing and Luzhou in Sichuan province.
HOERBIGER is considered the leader in synchronizer solutions in global market. HAONENG is one of China's leading manufacturers of synchronizer system components. The alliance of the two companies will offer customers not only a product portfolio that encompasses all components of synchronizers, but also the best system solutions, creating significant added value for the customers.
The vision and mission of HOERBIGER and HAONENG are an excellent fit. The vision that the newly appointed management composed of Xiang Chaodong (Chairman of HHDTS) and Michael Haberl (Chief Executive Officer, Legal Representative and Vice Chairman of HHDTS) for the joint venture is clear: "They synchronize”.
Hanns Hörbiger, born in Vienna, Austria in 1860, was an engineer. In 1984 he invented a revolutionary steel valve that opened and closed automatically without the drawbacks of similar contemporary products of the time. Hörbiger registered a patent for his invention in 1895.
The Hörbiger steel plate valve enabled the advancement of blast furnace technology and paved the way for the invention of modern petrochemistry, which made it one of the key technologies for industrial development at the beginning of the 20th century.
In 1900, Hörbiger, together with the engineer Friedrich Wilhelm Rogler, founded an engineering office in Budapest. This office was relocated to Vienna in 1903.
In the years thereafter, Hanns Hörbiger devoted himself to scientific study until his death in 1931. His office issued licenses for use of the technology to business partners worldwide.
In 1925, the office developed into the HOERBIGER & Co. trading company, headquartered in Vienna.
Today, the company’s locations and products have spread all over the world, including a joint venture in China.